Headlines for the UK Sports Nutrition Market 2015
- Sports nutrition in the UK is predicted to post a value CAGR of around 8% at constant 2014 prices in the forecast period, reaching £527 million in 2019
- The wider accessibility of sports nutrition products within general stores and supermarkets reflects the growing consciousness and demand amongst consumers in the UK
- Sports nutrition in the UK increases by a massive amount of 16% in current value terms in 2014, reaching £356 million
- Protein chocolate bars show the largest growth in 2014, with a impressive 30% increase in current value terms
- Maxinutrition brand (formerly Maximuscle) continues to lead sports nutrition in 2014, with a increase 26% value share, but is in swift decline due to the intensifying competition from other competitors .
Prospects in the UK Sports Nutrition Market April 2015 – July 2015
The Dietary Sports Nutrition market in the UK is expected to post a value CAGR of 8% at constant 2014 prices over the forecast period, with the majority of this growth expected to come from new consumers, and existing consumers upgrading to more expensive brands with the perception of better product and value for money. The strongest contributor is likely to be other protein products, as UK manufacturers look to continue innovating in the less conventional areas of sports nutrition – the future is bright .
(J West/ Nutrition Group / UK Sports Nutrition Market 2015 Update / 22nd of May 2015)
Nutrition Group plc is the UK’s fastest growing contract supplement manufacturer within the Sports Nutrition and Health Supplements market.