Use green tea to help optimise your results with health, body composition and performance!!
Ok , first off lets take a look at some of the benefits from something so simple:-
- Helps up regulate the immune system.
- Helps regulate blood sugar.
- Improves insulin sensitivity.
- Has been shown to improve the rate of fat loss.
- Decreases inflammation also been shown to have a positive effect on those post workout aches. (DOMS)
- Reduces oxidative stressors.
- Improves elimination.
- Thought to inhibit the enzymes that remove testosterone – from the blood.
- Has been shown to have a positive effect on Diabetes, Cholesterol, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Blood pressure.
- Anti viral and a anti bacterial.
Here are some food fun ways to get it into your nutritional regime –
- A good old cup of green tea.
- Hate the taste, try it with fruit infusions. (Personal favourite Twining’s Cherry Bakewell Infusion)
- Ice cool – a summer favourite chill it add ice and a slice of lime or lemon.
- Make green tea / fruit tea ice pops.
- Use the flavoured teas to make ice cubes to add to water.
(J West/Nutrition Group/Green Tea /Friday 6th March 2015)